The Conversion System for Shorter Fences will allow you to add up to 3' (91cm) overall to the height of your existing fence... Now you can use Purrfect Fence to Cat-Proof your fence or wall even if it is only 3' (91cm) high!
The Conversion System for Shorter Fences will convert your shorter fence into a escape-proof fence for cats. The kits includes Cat-Proofer spring-loaded arms, extender for each arm, the associated mounting brackets and a 6' (182cm) tall roll of fence based on the size of kit you choose.
Keep in mind that every fence is different and there are no universally followed guidelines for post spacing, height, materials used, etc. A 15 meter kit is designed for the average 15 meters of fence. 30 meter kit is designed for an average 30 meters of fence. A 60 meter kit is designed for the average 60 meters of fence. If you have gates, turns, short or long spans between posts then you may find that you need more or less components than comes with the kit. If in doubt, contact us first!
The extension tubes are made of thick 14 gauge steel (an arm set as high as possible on an extension tube can hold well over 25kg). The scrunched end of the extension tube slides inside of the leg of the Conversion System Arms. The included high-strength epoxy bonds the pieces together. Once glued up, the extended arms slide into two mounting plates spaced a minimum of 10cm apart secured to your fence posts with the top mounting plate set as high as possible on your post. Slide the arm to be at the desired height, tighten a set screw on each plate and your arm is secured to your post. Repeat this for all your posts and the fence material is ready to install.
Please note: If the fence is chain link, decorative aluminum or other metal picket fence you will need U-Bolts to secure the mounting bracket to the posts. You can use only one U-Bolt per bracket with this system so purchase one set of U-Bolts per post.
- Galvanised steel with a black powder coat finish.
- Stainless steel torsion spring and spring hardware.
- Arms project from mounting bracket 31" (788mm).
Three Ring Universal Mounting Brackets
- Galvanised steel with a black powder coat finish.
- Mounting bracket is 3" x 3" (76mm x 76mm).
- Can be mounted to any rigid flat surface and/or fence post (round or square)
- 6' (1.8m) black bioriented extruded polypropylene.
- UV stabilised with carbon and addition UV stabilising chemical additives.
- UV Rated Outdoor Cable Ties (approximately 3 ties per meter of kit)
- Specialty hardware for securing the starting and end points against buildings.
- Hardware for holding Arms to Mounting Brackets
** The size of kit depends on how many arms are supplied;
-10m Consists of 4 arms and 10m Netting
-15m Consists of 6 arms and 15m Netting
-20m Consists of 8 arms and 20m of Netting
-30m Consists of 12 arms and 30m of Netting
-40m Consists of 16 arms and 40m of Netting
-50m Consists of 20 arms and 50m of Netting
-60m Consists of 24 arms and 60m of Netting
-70m Consists of 28 arms and 70m of Netting
-80m Consists of 32 arms and 80m of Netting
-90m Consists of 36 arms and 90m of Netting
-100m Consists of 40 arms and 100m of Netting **
*Fasteners for holding hardware to building/home are not included. Fasteners should be chosen based on the type of material covering the building (wood screw, masonry screw, etc.)
Packaging Specifics - Shipping weight 42lbs (19kg) in 2 packages
Items of note when planning your order/layout:
-Each existing fence is unique! The maximum span between arms is 3.5-4 meters. 2.5-3 meters is preferred. Count and measure the distance between your posts to ensure that your chosen kit will cover your fence layout.
- Keep in mind that our Existing Fence Conversion System for Shorter Fences will provide up to 36" (91cm) of additional height from wherever the upper mounting bracket is secured. So, if the bracket is mounted at the top of a 4FT (121cm) fence , then the finished Purrfect Fence height can be as tall as 7FT (210cm). This is adjustable and can be set at any height you prefer between 12" (30cm) and 36" (91cm) above where the uppermost mounting bracket is secured.
- Our patented system works by forcing your cat(s) to climb up the fence which activates the spring-loaded arm from the bottom if they are able to reach the top (most are not.) So, for maximum effectiveness, it is important that the finished height of your Purrfect Fence be tall enough so your cat cannot simply leap over it. For most domestic cats the minimum finished height (measured from the ground to the tip of the Purrfect Fence extension) we recommend is 6FT (180cm), though we prefer it to be taller when possible. Even so, we have had customers tell us it was effective for their cat(s) at shorter heights. However, higher is always better and may be necessary if your particular cat or cat breed is capable of leaping higher than the average healthy and athletic (domestic shorthair) cat.
-Gates in your fence line require special consideration. Read below for more information on gate planning and installation.
Gates need to be considered separately for your layout plan. Each gate in your existing fence is likely to need additional components depending on the location and operation.Inward Swinging Gate
Many inward swinging gates require 1-2 extra arm/bracket(s) per gate. Your situation may vary. If you have any questions please contact us.
Outward Swinging Gate
Many outward swinging gates require 2-3 extra arm/bracket(s) per gate. Your situation may vary. If you have any questions please contact us.